NGTSol is looking for a Software Engineer, Quality to join our Client Platform QE team! As a Quality Engineering team member, you will be testing Investment Trading Applications and more. You will be the domain expert of our client platform and will play an integral role in defining test strategies and plans, developing test automation, technically investigating, and reporting product defects, and collaborating across the Engineering organization to release high quality software with the goal of delighting our users. Your work will improve the functionality and performance of Trading applications. You are experienced applying engineering best practices and agile approaches during the software development lifecycle. An excellent candidate will have a strong attention to detail, is intellectually curious, takes ownership over the definition and delivery of high-quality work, demonstrates a strong sense of collaboration in their professional relationships, clearly and thoughtfully communicates in their areas of expertise, identifies problems and proposes solutions, and empathizes with and advocates for the needs of NGTSol clients
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience with creating Test Plans, writing, and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing, and Automated Test Execution Experience.
- Extensive Knowledge of software quality assurance and web automation testing experience in test automation frameworks (Selenium, Selenium WebDriver, Cypress, Jest, React Testing Library, Appium, Espresso/EarlGrey, Carina, Rest Assured, Page Object Model POM, POJO Classes, TestNG, Eclipse and QTP, QC, Maven, Hudson, Jenkins).
- Extensive experience in testing React components by rendering component trees in a simplified test environment and asserting on their output.
- Extensive experience in testing React by running a complete app in a realistic browser environment.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies, and strategies with a better understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient with software development/debugging tools (E.g., Chrome Dev Tools, Restful Web Service testing using Http Client library SOAP UI and POSTMAN, Charles Proxy, curl, etc.)
- Familiar with all web service response validation and all HTTP error codes.
- Experience with testing on UNIX and Windows environments.
- Extensive experience in Smoke Testing, Functional Testing, Regression Testing, User Acceptance (UAT), System Testing, Browser Testing, Load Testing, Regression Testing, and Black-box Testing, White Box testing, Compatibility testing.
- Proficient with version control (E.g. GitHub) and issue/project tracking software (E.g. Jira)
- Managed automation jobs on Jenkins, find out failures in automation tests and fix them and keep the automation jobs green. Identify effective test strategies for a given feature and craft test plans accordingly.
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, Relational Databases, No-SQL Databases and Data Analysis.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries, PL/SQL statements and executing SQL queries to perform Backend testing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (E.g., Whiteboarding/diagramming system behavior)
- Proven experience demonstrating analytical thinking, reporting, leadership, customer focus, and collaboration
- BS degree in Computer Science, adjacent fields, or equivalent years of experience
- 8+ years hand-on industry experience in a software testing and/or software development occupation, including manual/automated testing of client/mobile applications and/or backend services
- Experience working in a distributed product-team environment.
- Extensive experience with working in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, and continuous integration/delivery systems
- Some experience developing web and/or desktop applications.
- Experience using profiling tools and instrumentation to detect resource bottlenecks and memory leaks.
Location: Gulberg, Lahore
share your resume at: email@example.com