- Perform all DBA duties including: backups/restores, server monitoring and configuration, security and permissions management, scheduling jobs/tasks, query optimization, index maintenance, performance monitoring, and HA/DR planning and implementation
- Implement proactive database monitoring and alerts to maintain data integrity and application performance
- Evaluate new technologies and features, and formulate proposals for their implementation
- Provide recommendations for improvements to existing processes to departmental leadership
- Maintain data quality and security by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Install and configure new SQL Server environments, including failover clusters
- Provision cloud resources and maximize cost savings
- Coordinate with the IT department to test and roll-out Windows and SQL patches/upgrades
- 10 years of experience in supporting large OLTP data driven applications in a production environment
- Excellent T-SQL skills
- Experience with MS SQL Server versions through 2017, Azure SQL Database, Azure Synapse.
- Experience with Azure provisioning models and cost structures
- Comfortable dealing with very large databases (TB+) and working in horizontally sharded environments
- Ability to perform analysis to identify performance improvement areas and tune databases for optimal performance. Experience with Query Store and Extended Events strongly preferred.
- Experience with High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions in SQL Server, including WSFC, Always On Availability Groups, and Log Shipping.
- Experience supporting transactional replication
- Ability to analyze problems and provide root cause analysis and recommend preventive and corrective actions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in fast-paced production critical environments
Location: Gulberg, Lahore
share your resume at: email@example.com